Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Elements of Successful Research

A week after I started working in the university, we, the new officers (tutors and lecturers) had a meeting with the TNC (Research & Innovation). This meeting was mainly to welcome the new officers to the institution. Since our university is a Research University (RU), the TNC focused on the importance of doing research and supervising undergrad/postgrad students.

One of the things he said that caught my attention was this..
The elements of successful research are..
1. Love
2. Commitment
3. Leadership
4. Environment
5. Planning
6.Monitoring
7. Endurance
8. Luck!
I totally agree on this. The most important thing in doing research is you need to have the love and passion. Without these elements, I don't think one can be a researcher. And of course, luck is important. Sometimes, even when you already do your very best, if the mr. luck is not on your side, you won't reach the aim/objective of your research.

It was a good meeting. I felt inspired to do my own research and to supervise my own students. Thanx so much Prof! :D

No comments: